Thursday, April 12, 2007

Brigette Moves - the beginning





So-- over a year later, it's quite obvious that the "how weird can the Big Apple get?" posts just weren't that much of a hit. For anyone, including myself. Maybe it was the whirlwind atmosphere of the city that kept me from my computer-- or possibly the fact that my boyfriend arrived in the US from Japan (not mail-order, I promise!) so I was finished dating my computer/webcam for awhile.

Anyways, I'm back and better than ever! I'm taking this blog in a new direction, entitled Brigette Moves. Whether it's actual locale change, pure physicality, or my thoughts flitting around in different directions, I'm pretty much always on the go. Most importantly, however, I travel. To bang out the credibility, I've created a resume of sorts. If it sounds interesting to you, get ready for the next few months!

First Memorable Adventures - Based from Arlington & McLean, VA
Disneyland (Anaheim, California) - somewhere around 1986 or 87?
Ocean City, MD - Are tie dye muscle shirts permanent there, or only in the 80's/90's?
Atlanta, GA - Go Jackets!
County Tipperary, Ireland - I spent my 8th birthday staring at my first rainbow from our thatch-roofed cottage.
Wintergreen, VA - Thank goodness for me, my parents are mountain people instead of beach people. Multiple trips so far throughout my 24 years.
Tokyo, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai - 1992 - 3 Week introduction to very different cultures. My parents had me keep a travel journal (tidbits to come, if you're lucky!)

Coming into my own - Based from McLean, VA
London, England - 2 School trips: Math Group in '94 & TJHS Marching Colonials in '97
Toronto & Montreal - Similar to the US of A, but not
Beaver Creek & Breckenridge, CO - back in the late 90's, when I used to ski
Kenya - 1996, Cultural safari hosted by my teacher, Mr. Lekuton, former nomad who is now a member of the Kenyan Parliament
Boston, MA - 1999, 6 weeks making film/television programs at Boston University
San Diego, CA - 2000 - my first ever trip with an important boyfriend (oh, and his dad)

Regular traveler - Based from Winston-Salem, NC
Okemo, VT - Snowboarding!
Salamanca, Spain - la primavera 2002, a la universidad
Chamonix, France & Zermatt, Switzerland - 2002, Alone. With my pack & my board.
Eurotour Summer 2002 - 5-1/2 weeks gallivanting through Portugal, Italy, Switzerland & France with friends/ The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany & Spain with family
Mobile, Alabama - 2003 R.I.P. the bay house, later taken by Katrina
San Francisco & Berkeley, CA - My favorite and most challenging summer - business classes at Cal Berkeley
Santa Fe, NM - Family Christmas in the coldest place I'd ever been. Lovely art communitities!
Obligatory Spring Break Cruise - Caymens, Mexico, & even some cultural activities in Belize!

Working(?!?) in Australasia
Sydney - 2004-05 lived in Pyrmont, worked 4 months at Darling Harbour. It was the high life
Canberra - base myself out of boyfriend's parents house for 5 months
South Australia & Victoria - Great Ocean Road, Australian Open Tennis..
North & South Islands, New Zealand - Rode around on the Magic Bus for a month!
Queensland - Rode around on the Greyhound bus for a month!

Big City Life - based from New York, NY
Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic - 2005. Definitely a learning experience
Upstate NY, VT - East Coast snowboarding best bets
Orlando, FL - 2006 - Wild "Pierce" family reunion at Disney World
Paradise Island, The Bahamas - my very own Bahamavention
Paris, France - 2006. How lucky I am to have a brother studying Parisian architecture
Washington, DC - Constant Travel. I collect Vamoose Bus Promotion Coupons for free tickets to visit my boyfriend.

2 Comments:

Blogger one fan said...

a) i'm quite excited for a new blog to read.

b) i can't believe the ole bay house got a shout out AND an RIP. i was just thinking about our apple-tini soaked spring break the other day. MULLET!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Brigette Moves said...

Molly! Do you have a blog as well? Also, how are you liking NYC so far? I'm not around this weekend but we should meet up for drinks or something soon.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home