Monday, May 07, 2007

NYC --> DC Transport

I think my coworkers are pretty over hearing me drag my little roll-y bag across the 2nd and 3rd floors of our office space every Friday morning and afternoon. My main motive for this, however, is that I can get to DC (to visit my boyfriend) cheap and quite easily by simply taking the bus. Sure, the train is great for those who commute for work and their firm picks up the tab, and quite fine for anyone on a big "DC Weekend! trip." But for those of us (and there are quite a lot of 'regulars') who go back and forth all the time-- I've found the bus to be the best way.

My favorite company is Vamoose Bus because:
a. it loads 5 blocks from my office, just on W 31st between 7th and 8th Aves
b. it drops off in both Bethesda, MD and Rosslyn, VA-- much more convenient for many travelers than an actual DC location
c. multiple rides per day
d. it's express service (other than the sometimes rest-stop)
e. they often play movies
f. the leg room is generally much better than any other bus companies I've found
g. $25 each way, and with every 4 ticket stubs you receive a free ride!

Sure, I know Chinatown buses, and even Washington Deluxe are slightly cheaper, but I don't find them a better bet. After taking a Premium bus where the door flapped open throughout the 4.5 hr trip and I'm 99% sure my driver was on drugs, or learning that the Fung-Wah bus flipped over en route to Boston from NYC, I'm not such a fan. I've found Washington Deluxe employees to be generally disgruntled, plus their buses are designed for those 5'6" and under. Therefore, Vamoose Bus earns my cash for at least 24-36 rides per year!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vamoose Bus’ service is definitely a great value for 25 bucks. Shhhh… hope they don’t look at this blog; they might just raise the fares…

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, I've been traveling with www.vamoosebus.com for the last year. Their service is simply the best.

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vamoose Bus is the best choice of all companies They always have nice actuly beutifull buses clean great staff excellent custemer service vs. Washington Deluxe i will compare tottaly to the Chinese companys and they all have filthy buses Washington Deluxe has theses 2 unpelyite people in charge that have no idea whats with them. so stay away from those companys and stick with Vamoose Bus or Greyhound

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home