Monday, May 14, 2007

Summer sports


Now that spring is finally here, it's fun to spend some time outdoors! My favorite way to do this is by relaxing with a lemonade & a book in a hammock-- but once I grow restless of that, golf is a nice change of pace. Although the game can be quite difficult for me (or anyone!), I love that golf just keeps on giving-- whether it's a nice connection between a friend & me, a golf-based trip in some beautifully green part of the world, or business-made-fun.

This past weekend Geoff and I played the Herndon Centennial Golf Course for only $28 a round (walking)! The course was nice -- forgiving, but with enough bunkers & water hazards to mix it up and make it interesting. Definitely worth the money; especially since the front 9 were probably my best ever. Feel good factor! Herndon Centennial's rates are a bit higher during midday over the summer weekends, but they drop down to $28/18 holes after 4pm-- fantastic for a location 30 min. from the city. See the website for details.

Another great resource is this washingtonpost.com article rating their favorite public golf courses around the metro D.C. area. I found their pricing information to be based on weekday rates rather than weekends, but it definitely is a great way to try out a new playing field.

Has anyone found similar articles for their respective areas? Feel free to post here!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home