Friday, October 19, 2007

Vacation time... over

Ok, so it's been a sore while since I've updated this page. I'm just going to call it my "summer break" and settle it at that. But, since I just went camping last weekend and woke up to inches of snow around the tent, summer is definitely over.

Important updates:
- I've moved from New York! The city had so many things to offer and was such an exciting adventure, but I just got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore. No more big city stress, no more crossing streets in the path of screeching fire engines, no more climing 6 flights of stairs to enter my crappy apartment, and no more subway stench... I've traded it all in for driving, a beautiful duplex rental, friendly neighbors and shop clerks, and mountains! I've relocated to Denver :-)

So, I have plenty of things to update about. Let's start back in July, on a little diddy down in Richmond, Virginia. I actually traveled to the state capital for the wedding of my former roommate(s). But it was also a great chance to check out my home state's capital, one that'd I'd only visited a handful of times before. As a budget traveler, one of my favorite parts was scoring a room in the Sheraton Richmond West Hotel for only $43 on Priceline! This is also perfectly located by Highway 64.


Other than the adorable slow-town backyard wedding, of course, my favorite part of Richmond was meticulous Monument Avenue, which runs straight through downtown Richmond. This beautifully planned street presents a statue in each traffic circle-- mainly Confederate memorials, mind you, but hey, all history should be remembered. Interestingly enough, a sculpture of Arthur Ashe also decorates the avenue. Magnificent trees shade the street's mansions, while the bronze statues glisten in the southern sun. This beautiful street is definitely worth a drive, wherever you may hail from.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home