Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Vegas vs. Vegas

This year I had the pleasure of not only taking my first jaunt to Sin City, but actually visiting the gambling capital twice in 3 months. No, I do not have a bad habit-- I just have wild friends! My first visit was a big 3-0 birthday celebration for one of the girls I lived with in Sydney. My most recent escapade was a college friend's last hurrah! -- her bachelorette party weekend.

It's definitely interest to compare the different experiences you can have for the price you want to pay. Here is a little chart:



Those are the big trip differences— luckily my friend and I were savvy enough to sneak into The Mirage luscious waterfall pool when we stayed at the Imperial in March. All three hotels are on the same portion of the strip, along with Harrah’s, The Flamingo, and the Bellagio.

So, really, for all other activities (gambling, shopping, going to nightclubs…) the most important difference is if you can be bothered to walk across the street in sky-high patent platforms.

Although, if you stay on the Harrah’s/Imperial side, be prepared to hear & feel the vibrations from going-nowhere rock bands and party-scene DJ’s well through 3am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home