Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Senatobia, Mississippi

I wish my hotel hadn’t cast a creepy-I’m-going-to-get-mugged shadow over my stay down south. I actually visited this Memphis outlier for work—one of our magazines prints in the RR Donnelley plant down there. Unfortunately, it worked out that I would stay on the ground floor of the Senatobia Days Inn, with a window facing the parking lot. A parking lot that hosted a few sketchy cars produced in the 1980’s & two loitering men. Since I arrived around 1am, there really wasn’t an available fix to the situation, other than bolting the door, pulling the curtains as tight as possible and decisively using the lights for as short a time as possible as to not attract attention to my room. Oh and praying myself to sleep.

Luckily, the trip turned around the next day (when I woke up alive and well!) In addition to the RR Donnelley plant, which employs around 250 people according to my Customer Service Rep, Senatobia (pop. 6,682) also has the cutest Mexican restaurant outside of Mexico (Rio Lindo Mexican Restaurant)! The inside houses a fountain, patio type floors, and adorable decorations that truly transport you to a vacation spot south of the border. I definitely recommend this to anyone passing through tiny Senatobia – but just don’t stay on the ground floor of a local motel. I certainly never will again.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home